Monday, September 27, 2010

Blogging Around

  After much examination, and in-depth reading of fellow students' blogs, I found two in particular that I enjoyed thoroughly.
  The first blog I commented on was Ben Wolch's. Ben Wolch wrote to the prompt "An Inconvenient Truth" and talked about poverty, and how no matter what there will always be poor people. In response to his incredible insight, I said, "This is truly an unfortunate fact. By improving one's economic position, you just create new economic standards. But still, isn't it better to be poor and not have insurance, than poor and living on the street? I agree, though, it is sad to know some will always be poor, despite the fact that that makes me even richer."
  After reading Ben's good work, I knew the next blog I commented on would be just as good, if not better. I chose to comment on Josh's writing.
  Josh, too, wrote to the prompt "An Inconvenient Truth". He noticed that people are "disgusting", referring to people's lack of action when in a position to help someone. I commented, "That is wonderful insight. It seems people are afraid to act on what they believe simply because others don't act. It is a paradox. We don't act because others don't act, who don't act because we don't act."
  Our class has some remarkable insight and it was truly pleasurable to read those works of art.

No comments:

Post a Comment