Saturday, December 4, 2010

Blogging Around: Declan and Alex

On Declan's "Metacognition: Organization", I commented on his insight into how the mind becomes organized through organizing your room, saying,"I, too, feel the power of organization mentally. It is as if your mind needs physical order to have mental order. I wonder, though, if you could organize your mind without physical order. Could you think yourself ordered?"

On Alex's "360 Degrees: Colors", he wrote about colors. He noticed how many meanings colors can have. Responding to his blog I posted,"I think you made a great point. Isn't it interesting how a color can mean so many different things for different people? Not to be too much like Descartes, but is there any way for a color to have one definition? For you, red looks like red. But, maybe, if you could transfer your idea of red to me, I would only see blue. So how can we judge character by color? How can we racially profile, if we all see colors differently?"

No comments:

Post a Comment